Yarn ~ Fiber Creations ~ Fun!
Mayaluna Yarns Shop Closing Sale
My Dear Friends –
The time has come for me to close our shop at Placita Santa Fe in El Paso. After much deliberation and prayer, I saw that this is a good path to take for my husband, Joe, and I. We no longer have any family in the area, so we would like to visit our family and friends more often and travel the world. Also, the last couple of years have been increasingly difficult for retailers of all sizes across the country. Many people now prefer the convenience of shopping online and the ease of buying a packaged project kit, versus the sometimes lengthy (but fun) process of project planning. Lastly, I had hoped to have more time for designing fiber creations, but the rigors of running a brick and mortar shop take many hours from achieving that goal.
I feel very blessed to have had the privilege of making many new friends and learning right along with you all about numerous and diverse facets of knitting, crocheting, and fiber. I am also very grateful for the support of many loyal customers that have made it possible for me to be in business for 7-1/2 years. And, as you all know, our staff over the years has been absolutely awesome and they have contributed greatly to our success. The singing, dancing, crying, and laughing with both clients and staff is a memory that I will always cherish. I found our little yarn shop to be a warm and happy place and a very worthwhile endeavor in my life.
The exciting news is that I am planning to continue in business as Mayaluna Yarns in some new ways.
- I have been working on an online shop which should launch in late February 2016 and continue to grow over the next several months. The address will still be www.mayalunayarns.com. We will have kits and custom patterns too!
- Yarn, needles, patterns, and accessories will still be available for purchase for a limited time at my home studio location in El Paso by appointment only via our current email or phone number.
- I will have Pop-Up-Shop events, classes, and sales throughout the year in various El Paso venues and also in other locations to be determined.
- Mayaluna Yarns designs will be offered or shown on Ravelry and possibly other sites such as Etsy, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Please look for us there and give us some feedback on what you like.
So, finally, here’s the deal for you.
- Our last day will be Saturday, January 21, 2016.
- Everything in the shop will be 40% off retail.
- Books, magazines, and patterns will be 60% off retail.
- Ruffle yarn will be 60% off retail.
- Over the next 3 weeks, yarn and other items will be selected for discounts of 50%, 60%, and 75%.
- Store samples will be priced to sell and many are negotiable.
- Everything else in the shop will be for sale at great prices. This includes almost all of the display racks, office supplies, and miscellaneous items, such as a refrigerator, mirrors, a cash register, an air conditioner, furniture, and light fixtures.
- We will no longer accept returns for any reason.
- Gift certificates must be used by January 21.
- It will no longer be possible to offer project help or classes before January 21. Please understand that there is a lot of work for us to complete in a very short amount of time.
Once again, thank you all, please keep up with us online, and …
Hope to see you soon!
From left: Barbara, Patti, Gyneth, & Sheila - your yarn gals!
2017 Shop Hours
Open 11am - 4pm, Tuesday through Saturday,
Please Note: During January we will probably be at the shop earlier and later than the given hours. Please call us if you would like to visit early or later than our set shop hours and we will make sure we are there for you!
Contact us at:
5024 Doniphan, Suite, 10
El Paso, TX 79932